Here is our calendar for May. Lots of work to do, so make this the month that you come out to one of our events and say hello!
Our regular meetings this month:
- May 8 – Our Committee Meeting, Monday May 8th, at 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., in Bristol, VA. We will have information about the Nominating Caucus for the Nov. 7, 2017 election. Folks interested in runningfor Constitutional Offices and voting members please attend!
- May 15 – The TN-VA Democratic Social is at the State Line Bar and Grille in downtown Bristol Monday, May 15th, at around 5:00 p.m. This is an informal social gathering of Democrats and friends from Bristol and Sullivan County TN and Bristol VA and the surrounding area.
- May 20 – Our breakfast is Saturday, May 20th at 9:00 a.m. at the Golden Corral, Exit 7 in Bristol. Good conversation, no agenda. Attendees pay separately for breakfast, and join us in the reserved meeting room. Tell the cashier that you are with the Democrats for directions to the meeting space.
Special this month: Caucus for nomination of candidates for Constitutional Offices in Bristol that are on the ballot for the November 7, 2017 General Election. These include Sheriff, Commonwealth’s Attorney, Treasurer, and Commissioner of the Revenue.
- May 17 – Deadline at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017, for turning in Candidate forms for the Nominating Caucus on Thursday, May 18. Instructions for submission of this form are available using the Call to Caucus tab on the menu above.
- May 18 – Nominating Caucus Thursday, May 18th, 2017 – All Democrats registered to vote in the City of Bristol, VA, are invited to attend the Bristol Virginia Democratic Committee Caucus at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for registration and close promptly at 7:00 p.m. Persons in line to register at 7:00 p.m. will be admitted for registration, and the Caucus will assemble when registrations are completed.
- More information along with Participant and Candidate for Nomination forms are available using the Call to Caucus tab.
Also Special this month: Absentee voting has already begun for the June 13th Primary Election.
We need to select our candidate for Governor and Lt. Governor, so this is important! Stop by the Registrar’s Office (City Hall, on Lee Street) and vote if you are not going to be here in Bristol to vote on June 13th. Hope that you are following the candidates and making a decision about the Primary. If there is any part of the process that you have questions about, or if you need information on the candidates, contact us!
Dates for the Primary:
- Ongoing through May – Absentee Voting for the June Primary. If you will be unable to come to the polls on Primary Day June 13th, stop by the Registrar’s Office at City Hall, 300 Lee Street, Bristol, VA., and complete an application to vote absentee. Make sure your vote is counted.
- May 22 – Close of registration for the Primary. If you want to vote in the June Primary, your registration must be received by the Registrar, or postmarked if sent by mail, by close of business at 5:00 p.m. on May 22.
- June 6 – Deadline to request a mail absentee ballot. The Absentee application must be received by the Registrar by closing at 5:00 p.m. on June 6.
- June 10 – Last day to vote absentee in-person at the Registrar’s Office in Bristol. The office will be open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- June 13 – Primary Day! Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Hope to see all members at the May Committee meeting, and many more friends and supporters at Breakfast and at the Social!