The Primary Election:
- Mark your calendar to vote in the Democratic primary, Tuesday, June 13, 2017! That is next week, so don’t forget!
- If you can’t be here to vote on the 13th, you can vote absentee during regular business hours this week, M-F, 8:00 – 5:00, or on Saturday from 8:00 to 5:00, at the Registrar’s Office at City Hall on Lee Street in Bristol. Thank you to General Registrar Penny Limburg for staying open so folks can vote on Saturday the 10th!
- For Governor: Lt. Governor Ralph Northam and Tom S. Perriello are both seeking nomination for Governor. Both are excellent candidates! Take a look at their information in advance of the voting on Tuesday, June 13th to make your decision.
- For Lt. Governor: Justin E. Fairfax, Gene J. Rossi, and Susan S. Platt, again all good candidates. Their platforms are a bit different, so take a few minutes to look at them and make your decision.
- Attorney General Mark Herring, who’s record of success for Virginia citizens is excellent, is running for re-election. He is unopposed in the Primary, so he will not be on the Primary ballot, but will need your vote in the General Election later!
Border Bash is under way in downtown Bristol
- Check our on-line calendar at http://www.bristolvademocrats.org/calendar to see the dates and locations. These occur on Friday evenings in the summer, and you can come downtown in Bristol to enjoy the vendors, food, and free music! The Bristol Virginia Democrats will be present from 6:30 to about 8:30 – we will talk with visitors and distribute information until it gets dark, and then we will close up and go listen to the band!
Our regular meetings this month:
- June 12th: Our Committee Meeting, Monday June 12th, at 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., in Bristol, VA.
- June 17th: Our breakfast is Saturday, June 17th, at 9:00 a.m. at the Golden Corral, Exit 7 in Bristol. Good conversation, no agenda. Attendees pay separately for breakfast. Join us in the reserved meeting room. Tell the cashier that you are with the Democrats for directions to the meeting space.
- June 19th: The TN-VA Democratic Social is at the State Line Bar and Grille in downtown Bristol Monday, June 19th, at around 5:00 p.m. This is a social event for Democrats and friends in the surrounding area. It is a good way to meet Democrats on the Committee and talk about the issues.
Remember! June 13 is Primary Day!
Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Vote!