For visitors to our web page, this monthly newsletter (Bristol Virginia Democratic Committee News and Notes) is a regular e-mail notification to members and friends. You can request to be on the e-mail list or continue to read BVDC News and Notes here on the webpage each month. In addition to the News and Notes, members of the list sometimes receive two or three messages a month if we have matters of immediate interest.
- We appreciate Bristol VA City Councilman Anthony Farnum’s attendance at our July 8th meeting. Thanks to our Secretary Kim Willis for these notes on Anthony’s visit: Anthony, 31, is a native of Bristol VA, a real estate agent, property manager, and former Planning Commission board member. He is also on the Library Board, City Housing Board, and People Incorporated Board. Combating climate change is an important issue to him. He discussed placing solar panels on government buildings, replacing government vehicles with alternative fuel models, and adding additional electric vehicle charging stations in the city. Members offered questions, comments, and suggestions regarding Recycling and Hazardous Waste Day; the disbanded Economic Development Committee needs to be active again as the city had been receiving monies from TVA/BVU which previously brought in 30 businesses; Pollinator Gardens could be utilized not only to create environments for endangered bees and butterflies, but could also eliminate a good deal of mowing for the city.
- We are already planning for our HQ in 2020, and contributions are welcome. You can donate with Act Blue from our web page or attend one of our meetings to become involved and support the committee. Our three regular meetings a month are noted below. The regular business meeting of the committee is on the second Monday of each month at the Bristol VA courthouse. The breakfast meeting, which frequently has lively discussions of issues and occasionally has a special guest speaker is the third Saturday of each month at the Golden Corral at Exit 7 in Bristol, VA. Our Tennessee-Virginia Democratic Social is the third Monday of each month at State Line Bar and Grill on State Street in Bristol, TN. Guests are welcome. At Golden Corral and at the State Line, each person attending orders and pays independently, but the conversation is free!
- When the next debate occurs, which I think will be in September, we will be chatting again on our Facebook Group, Bristol VA Democratic Committee! Check out the site for the date of the next debate chat. In the meantime, come in and get acquainted. We are looking forward to more Bristol Virginia Democrats joining our FB group and participating in chats and discussions. If you are on Facebook, look us up! Our committee page will continue at Bristol Virginia Democratic Committee on Facebook. Democrats are invited to like our page and join our group.
Bristol Virginia Democratic Committee (BVDC) Regular Calendar for August 2019:
- Committee Meeting, Monday, August 12th, at 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., in Bristol, VA. Democrats registered to vote in Bristol Virginia are represented by the committee, and are encouraged to attend, become involved in committee activities, and help support our candidates.
- Breakfast with Democrats, Saturday, August 17th, at 9:00 a.m. at the Golden Corral, Exit 7 in Bristol, VA. Guests are welcome. Attendees order and pay individually. Join us for breakfast, coffee, and conversation!
- TN-VA State Line Social, Monday, August 19th, at around 5:00 p.m. at the State Line Bar and Grille, 644 E. State St., Bristol, TN, 37620. This is an informal meeting. Attendees order and pay individually. Progressives, Liberals, and our political friends and cousins from both Bristols and the surrounding area are welcome.
Hope to see you in August!
Reply to the Notes and News post at email@example.com