It is November, and there is an election on Tuesday, November 5th!
- Reorganization is coming up on Monday, December 9th, at 6:00 p.m. at the Courthouse. The Call to Caucus, Rules, and Agenda will be distributed at the November 13th meeting and posted on our web page. Use this link to our web page for an explanation of committee reorganization.
- Election Tuesday November 5th! Polls will open at 6:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. If you are in line at 7:00 p.m., stay in line, and you will be able to vote.
- On the Bristol ballot for this election, we encourage you to come out and vote to re-elect Ms. Kelly Duffy as Clerk of Circuit Court, running as an Independent. She has been very effective with bringing in new technology, along with the routine management and ordering of the office. Use the sample ballot link to find the names of the candidates on the Bristol ballot. Sample ballot for Bristol VA November 5th election
- For folks outside of Bristol, wherever you are, be sure to go out and vote for Democrats.
- If you are in the 4th District, go and vote for Dr. Starla Kiser for Virginia House of Delegates. She will be a strong advocate for Southwest Virginia and a voice for Democrats in the House of Delegates. Note: Many Bristol voters have met Dr. Kiser, but she is not on the ballot in Bristol, which is in Virginia House District 5. (website https://www.kiserfordelegate.com )
- Tuesday, November 5th – Election Day. Go and vote! We recommend a vote for Ms. Kelly Duffy for Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- Committee Meeting, Wednesday, November 13th, at 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., in Bristol, VA. Democrats registered to vote in Bristol Virginia are represented by the committee, and are encouraged to attend, become involved in committee activities, and help support our candidates. Reorganization Rules and Agenda will be distributed and discussed at the meeting, and will be posted on the web page after the meeting.
- Breakfast with Democrats, Saturday, November 16th, at 9:00 a.m. at the Golden Corral, Exit 7, in Bristol, VA. Guests are welcome. Attendees order and pay individually. Join us for coffee or breakfast, and conversation with Democrats. This event is the one at which we have the most informative and lively discussions of issues!
- TN-VA State Line Social, Monday, November 18th, at around 5:00 p.m. at the State Line Bar and Grille, 644 E. State St., Bristol, TN, 37620. This is an informal meeting. Attendees order and pay individually. Progressives, Liberals, and our political friends and cousins from both Bristols and the surrounding area are welcome.
Hope to see you in November!