The deadline for candidate filings having passed, we have 4 candidates for the two delegate positions, and will have the Caucus tomorrow.
Please read the Call to Caucus carefully so that your registration and filing are accurate and on time. Here are the registration and pre-filing highlights, but read the Call at 2017BVDCCall_Delegates_to9th for complete information!
- Both forms may be downloaded, but must bear an original signature to be valid.
- The Participant form, 2017participant_9th can be filled out at the Caucus. If you want to complete it and e-mail it early, I will print it and have it at the Registration table for you to sign. It is not valid without an original signature!
- The Candidate form, 2017candidate_9th has a deadline at 4:00 on the day before the Caucus, and must be received according to the instructions in the Call, 2017BVDCCall_Delegates_to9th. You have to complete and pre-file this form to have your name on the ballot as a candidate for Delegate to the Ninth District Convention.
Democrats registered to vote in Bristol, VA, are invited to caucus at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 27th, 2017, at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., Bristol, VA. At the Caucus, we will elect two (2) delegates to the 2017 Reorganization Convention of the Ninth Congressional District Democratic Committee, currently scheduled for May 20th, 2017.
Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. Doors will close at 7:00 p.m., and persons in line to register at 7:00 p.m. will be admitted for registration. The Caucus will begin when registrations are completed.
Only those present and registered at the caucus will be permitted to vote in the selection of delegates.
If you want to be a delegate, you must pre-file a candidate application. Delegates will be chosen by secret ballot from those who have pre-filed an Application for Election as Delegate to 2017 Reorganization Convention of the Ninth Congressional District Democratic Committee. This application form can be viewed/saved as a .pdf file under the Call to Caucus tab on the menu above. Completed Applications must be returned with all information and original signature according to the instructions in the Call to Caucus, with a submission deadline of 4:00 p.m. April 26th, the day before the Caucus.
This Caucus will be cancelled if the number of pre-filed candidates is equal to two (2) at the submission deadline, and the two candidates will be declared Delegates.
If you are a Democrat residing in and registered to vote in Bristol Virginia, the Bristol Virginia Democratic Committee invites you to join and participate during this exciting presidential election year.
There will be lots of work to do, including campaigning for our nominee for President and for other offices. Attend one of our regular meetings to introduce yourself and request membership. Members can be voted in at any regular meeting.
We need members who are eager to work on the 2016 election! This will be an exciting year!
We plan to open a headquarters for the presidential election campaign, and will need staff to answer phones and talk with visitors. We invite prospective members, Democrats who live in Bristol, Virginia, to come out and participate at the Caucus. At the Caucus we will elect members to the committee for the 2016-2017 term.
Download Documents here:
- the Call to Caucus (date and time and participation information)
- The Participation Form to register for the Caucus and for membership
Hope to see many of you at the Reorganization Caucus!